The California Institute for Nursing & Health Care builds coalitions and partnerships to develop projects in several program areas to transform the capacity of nurses to meet the evolving health needs of Californians:
- Master Plan Development – CINHC is leading statewide efforts to develop a comprehensive statewide plan to guide efforts in six strategic focus areas.
- Educational Capacity – The Master Plan goals, Building Educational Capacity, Increasing Diversity, Education Redesign, as well as the Bay Area Nursing Resource Center, are examples of how CINHC makes a difference.
- California Simulation Alliance – CINHC leads the CSA, a voice for simulation education — disseminating information, creating a common language, and facilitating state funding.
- Leadership Development – Preparing nurse managers for leadership roles.
- Diversity – This program is developing a framework for interventions that will result in an RN workforce that is racially and ethnically aligned with California’s population.
- Recruitment – Increasing the nursing workforce, recruiting men in to the profession, and assuring diversity.